Fighting Criminal Charges in Fort Bend County
Seasoned Defense Representation for Your Criminal Case
Have you been charged with a criminal offense? You need to act quickly to retain legal counsel. At Rosen & Kovach, PLLC, we stand ready to provide my clients with the best possible outcomes for their cases. We are proud to be a proven specialist in criminal law firm who has 40 years of combined legal experience in providing outstanding representation to my clients.
After an arrest, you need to retain legal counsel from an attorney who is not afraid to defend your rights and protect your freedoms. If you find yourself facing any of the following criminal charges, then you need to contact our firm and schedule a case evaluation as soon as possible. We have the experience to provide you with the guidance you need during this trying time.
Experienced with All Types of Criminal Defense Cases
- Appeals - Do you feel that you were given an exceptionally harsh penalty or wrongful conviction? You may be eligible to appeal your case by working with a dedicated criminal defense attorney.
- BWI - If you have been charged and/or arrested for boating while intoxicated, you may be facing fines and jail time that can range from 180 days to 10 years. Depending on certain situations and any prior BWIs, your driver's license may be suspended.
- Domestic Violence - Domestic violence is a serious charge that could leave you facing penalties of jail time, restraining orders, fines, and mandatory anger-management courses.
- Drug Crimes - If you were caught under the influence of drugs, possessing illegal substances, selling or manufacturing controlled substances, then you may be facing serious penalties.
- DWI - Being caught driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can cause you to be charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI). A conviction of a DWI charge means you will face a mandatory license revocation, fines and jail time.
- Expungements - Did you know that you can seal your past criminal record? By working with an attorney, you can expunge prior convictions you may have that show up on a background check.
- Federal Crimes - Federal crimes are very serious offenses that are investigated not only by local authorities but also by federal agencies. If you are charged, then you need to work with an attorney right away.
- Homicide - The illegal taking of another person's life is a charge that may leave you penalized by capital punishment. You need to retain aggressive legal counsel.
- Internet Crimes - Internet crimes can include fraud, sex crimes and scams. Depending on the nature of the crime you were arrested for, you may be facing misdemeanor or felony charges.
- Juvenile Crimes - Being convicted of a criminal offense at a young age can have serious repercussions. Convictions can follow a person around for the rest of their life. You need an experienced attorney.
- Murder - Any killing of a person with aforethought is considered murder. Murder is a capital crime in Texas, and you may face the death penalty if convicted.
- Probation - If you are eligible for probation, you need to ensure that you abide by all probationary rules. If you are in violation of any of your probationary terms, then you need to work with an attorney right away.
- Property Crimes - Were you charged with theft, arson, vandalism or burglary? These property crimes are serious offenses and need to be handled by an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
- Sex Crimes - If you are convicted of a sex crime, then you will have to spend the rest of your life registering as a sex offender. Protect your name and your well-being by working with my firm.
- Theft Offenses - Illegally taking anything from another person by force or threat of fear is a serious offense. If you are charged with burglary, grand theft or even shoplifting, you need an attorney on your side.
- White Collar Crimes - Embezzlement, fraud and racketeering are all white collar crimes. These charges need to be aggressively defended against to avoid serious penalties at both the state and federal levels.
- Violent Crimes - Some of the most heavily prosecuted crimes in the state of Texas are violent crimes. If you were charged with any form of violent crime, then you need to act quickly to retain legal defense.
What do defense lawyers do in Richmond, TX?
Defense lawyers in Richmond, Texas, provide legal representation and advocacy for individuals accused of committing a crime. Their role encompasses various crucial aspects aimed at protecting the rights and interests of their clients within the criminal justice system. Here's an overview of what defense lawyers do:
- Legal Advice and Guidance: Defense lawyers offer legal advice to their clients, explaining the charges against them, potential consequences, and available legal options.
- Investigation and Case Review: They thoroughly investigate the case, review evidence, and gather information to build a strong defense strategy. This may include interviewing witnesses, examining police reports, and assessing forensic evidence.
- Negotiating with Prosecutors: Defense lawyers negotiate with prosecutors to reach plea bargains or reduced charges that could minimize potential penalties for their clients.
- Representation in Court: They represent their clients during court proceedings, including arraignment, pre-trial motions, trial, and sentencing. They present arguments, question witnesses, and challenge evidence to build a robust defense.
- Ensuring Due Process: Defense lawyers ensure that their clients' constitutional rights are upheld throughout the legal process, such as the right to a fair trial, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel.
- Advocating for Fair Sentencing: If the client is convicted, defense lawyers advocate for fair and just sentencing based on the circumstances of the case and applicable laws.
- Appeals and Post-Conviction Relief: In cases of conviction, defense lawyers may assist in the appeals process or seek post-conviction relief, aiming to overturn or modify the conviction or sentence.
Overall, defense lawyers in Richmond, Texas, play a crucial role in ensuring that their clients receive a fair trial and that their rights are protected throughout the legal process.
Protecting Your Rights in Harris & Fort Bend Counties
If you have been charged with a criminal offense, you need to retain the legal defense that you deserve. At our firm, you will be working with a dedicated and highly experienced attorney who is always concerned with getting the best possible outcome for clients.
We believe that, through exceptional representation and aggressive defense, we can help you achieve a reduced charge, dismissal or acquittal. Our firm is dedicated to always protecting your rights and defending your freedoms throughout Texas.
Do you have questions or concerns regarding your case? Contact Rosen & Kovach, PLLC and schedule your case evaluation with Fort Bend County criminal defense attorney!
"John made things happen!"
John Kovach represented me in two cases in which both were dismissed and jail time was avoided.- Katelyn